Do you want to give your career a boost by working for a global market leader in complex and innovative offshore technology? I am looking for a Lead Mechanical Engineer who will be responsible for coordinating and supervising the engineering projects.
Do you have relevant work experience and would you like to work in a challenging social environment? Then I am looking for you! Want to know more about the company and position? Apply now!
In this role as a Lead Mechanical Engineer you will join the Product Engineering team, nestled in the Engineering department.
Together with your 12 colleagues in this team you are responsible for developing new or heavily customized, improved equipment on client/market demand. They are looking for someone who is eager to broaden their expertise and mentor younger colleagues.
As a Lead Mechanical Engineer in this team you will be responsible for:
• Delegating, coordinating and supervising engineering projects where offshore engineering teams and third parties are involved;
• Mentoring young professionals in our engineering team;
• Optimizing and developing equipment such as our hydraulic piling spreads, handling and lifting tools (SolidEdge);
• Performing calculations to verify our design (Excel, MathCad, FEMAP);
• Managing and releasing the status of designs and documents within our PLM system (TeamCenter);
• Supporting the production and service department in case of malfunction and during commissioning new equipment;
• Travelling to suppliers, client and/or project sites occasionally.
Who are you?
• A completed B.Sc. degree in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related field;
• Proven experience as an engineer in a related industry (heavy machinery);
• Excellent experience with software such as SolidEdge, Mathcad, TeamCenter, etc.;
• Expertise in composing assembly and production drawings, technical documents and reports;
• Ability to coordinate, delegate and manage workload of engineering teams outside of our own;
• Experience and affinity with mentoring younger engineers;
• Outstanding communication skills in English.
The salary range for this role is EUR 5500 month based on full time work, depending on experience and seniority.
What are the next steps? We will let you know within four working days whether you qualify for the position. We schedule an introductory meeting, via phone, digitally or live. In this interview we inform you as fully as possible about the vacancy, the company and the next steps in the procedure. In consultation with you, we introduce you to our client and then continue to guide you through the application process. The Independent Recruiters Group has a large team of specialized recruiters. Every recruiter has a very strong focus on his own field. This makes them the ideal sparring partner for both the candidate and the client.